Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bucket List for Summer


Okay..............everyone needs to try this one out. I got the idea to ask my three older kids what they expected for this summer. What are your goals or accomplishments? It was very interesting to hear their answers: Try this out with your kiddies. I think you will be surprised, as I was, what is really going on inside their heads
Blake: 1. have fun with my dad
2. get dad to say "I love you"
3. have total freedom
4. raise $300 from working
5. get our family to get along better
6. go to a very fun place with my dad
7. see Kung Fu Panda
8. buy an Ipod
9. organize a lemonade stand
10. have a great summer
Savanna 1. Learn how to do a back flip
2. swim better
3. take care of my new glasses better
4. help Macy and Blake not to fight
5. How to have a better diet
Macy 1. Help Savanna not to be a poor sport
2. try to not yell
3. be nice to everyone
4. get better at swimming
5. learn how to do a back tuck back handspring
6. help my mom
7. help my dad control his temper
8. not hit my brothers and sisters
9. help my friends
10. help Tate and Chad to swim better
Isn't it interesting to see how our children can hone in on our weaknesses. I sometimes as a parent try to avoid the real issues at hand and deal only with the immediate symptoms. Like putting out fires all of the time, yet not looking at the pyros themselves to see what is setting them off. Wow.................deep thoughts. Anyways, I don't think that I need to worry about the latest and greatest vacation for my kids, since they didn't name any, (not that I am going to cancel any existing plans), but it truly is a good time to build on the relationships in our home during what is supposed to be a less hectic time . Blake suggested that we do some team building that he learned on his science trip to Catalina Island. That is the beauty of looking at things through a child's eyes. There is always forgiveness in their hearts and hope and faith of new tomorrows. Well, here goes nothing..................seize the day! I guess it is on ly fair now that I do my own bucket list for summer: Stay tuned till tomorrow

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Great idea, its funny hearing what your think about you. You are a great mom!

Nichole Barney said...

Good for you trying to get some goals going! I have all these plans in my head and nothing has come about yet. I am still on burn out mode from the end of school and the trek. It is so cute what your kids bucket lists were. Great idea!