Saturday, April 25, 2009

CAMELBACK HIKE APRIL 2009





































Well, after only three hours of sleep because of sick kids, I remained true to my commitment and picked up Cheryl Faas and Carlie Greding to head out to Camelback for a early morning hike. We got a close up parking spot and headed up the trail. the temperatures were perfect and the sun was just peeking over the mountains. To my surprise we encountered hikers already making their way down from the trail. I thought we may be some of the first, but apparently there are even more die hards out there than I anticipated. Maybe they busted out the flashlights to be right at the top for the sunrise. Anyways, the crowd was minimal and we blazed our way to the top. We posed for pics and headed back down to encounter the same first hikers going back up a second time. Now, I was really feeling like a wimp. Should I be scampering up and down this thing multiple times to prove my abilities. UMMMMM....not today. I was barely hanging on with the amount of sleep I had had. I am a firm believer in 8 hours! We had a great time. Love being outside! Arizona is amazing. Can't wait to be at the lake right at sunrise with glass like water and cool morning temps!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Cute pics!! I'd love to hike camelback again. I've only done it once. Good for you! Hey, why am I not on your friends list?