Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break in Rosarito, Mexico 2009





























We hung around all week of spring break anxious to get on the road Wednesday to head down to Rosarito, Mexico. It is 20 minutes south of San Diego across the Mexican border. All of our friends and family and even strangers warned us about going there because of the recent violent activities down there. We were not swayed. We packed up the suburban and five kids and headed down with my brother Vance and his three kids. The beach was the highlight of course! We saw dozens of dolphins. The kids found about five starfish along the beach. They even went boogie boarding out in the cold Pacific. Good times! We loved setting off fireworks and hanging around the bonfire at night too. We had no problems the whole time and even went into to town and went to our favorite restaurant, El Nido. The best fresh tortillas ever! We love going there!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey Christina! It was fun to hear from you on my blog. I am not doing Pat's run. I was sick for two straight weeks with a sinus infection and couldn't train, but am back on now. I will be looking for another race to do soon. I had a c-section this time and so losing weight has been very different for me. However, I will do it! I have been spinning and running in the mornings. I hope to hear from you again. Check in on us any time!

monica